|Cheese obtained through the working of whole pasteurised sheep's milk cheese, that is then matured in tuff caves.
* Look of the cheese: often irregular, due to the maturation conditions in the characteristic tuff caves.
* Sizes: the diameter varies from 16 to 18 cm, the height of the waist bulge from 8 to 10 cm
* Weight: varies from 1.3 to 1.5 Kg
* Rind: thin, dark amber colour
* Colour of the cheese: white straw, with characteristic hints of amber.
* Consistency of the cheese: characteristically crumbly
* Minimum length of maturation: 60 days in fridge and 3 months in tuff caves
* Flavour: fairly strong, very characteristic and aromatic.
This product should be stored at a temperature of between 4° and 8°C and brought to room temperature a few hours before serving.